Thanks to instructor, Mr. DK AIA, for the class of 11th year successful.
VA CIC (Commercial Improvement Contractor) Specialty Exam Prep
- Course Introduction
- Qualification to Test
- More Course Details
- Course Warranty & Cancellation Policy
CIC specialty will give you the opportunity to participate in commercial project contracts in Commonwealth Virginia without CBC specialty which is the broad coverage of subject areas. If you do not qualify for CBC but you want to work on commercial projects improving service levels, this exam prep will give you important guidelines to prepare for the CIC specialty exam.
|Options||Class by||Dates||Time||Price (w / Books)|
3-day, 9-hr online Zoom course with “live” instructor
(Not a pre-recorded video course)
| > You can participate from anywhere with computer and internet access
> We will give you instructions for online access if needed
|Jan 3, 6, 10||
Course Fee: $659 includes
International Building Code (IBC, 2015/2018) and class binder with CIC schedule, CIC self-diagnosis exam questions, PSI Exam information, partial IRC highlighted copy, partial 1926 OSHA codebook copy, Design and Control Concrete mixture highlighted copy, Gypsum handbook highlighted copy, Modern Masonry highlighted copy
We will give you a partial credit if you already have 2015/2018 IBC book.
Pre-approval required for the Specialty exam – please refer to TABLE in bottom for the overall process, and below rule;
Effective 2016, all Specialty test will require pre-approval from DPOR prior to taking the examination. For more information please contact the Board for Contractors Licensing Section directly at (804) 367-8511. You will get the copy of 3 page ‘Experience Verification‘ form to submit VA DPOR, while in our class.
Your pre-approval (of your Specialty pre-qualification) can require anywhere from 2-4 weeks. Please check VA DPOR’s optional “Expedite process” requiring extra fees.
There are pre-qualification requirement by VA DPOR (Licensing Board) for your past experience; Class-A (5 years), Class-B (3 years) field trade experience. For this CIC prequalification, you may include your commercial construction, addition, structural works in the Experience Verification form.
Any Responsible Management (Owner, Partners, Associates) or, field employee can take the test (after receiving VA DPOR approval letter/email). If one of your employees take the test, the DPOR may require your employee’s W-2 for License Application.
The content of this “CIC Specialty exam” contains the function of your field knowledge and familiarity of specifications/regulations.
Course Fee: $659 includes,
1) International Building Code (IBC, 2015)
2) OSHA 1926
3) Class binder with CIC schedule, CIC self-diagnosis Exam, PSI introduction, Partial IRC highlighted copy, Design and control concrete mixture highlighted copy, Gypsum handbook highlighted copy, Modern Masonry highlighted copy
No problem reducing the book costs if you have any of the books.
No additional charges until you pass the exam based on our Guarantee policy (good for two more free sessions for 6 months after the course completion date). A class completion Certificate of 9 hours to issue on final day of the session.
Please expect to visit 2-3 more evenings to review PSI exam questions at our Tysons location. Your visit to refresher will be every Monday and Thursday (2-8 pm) in general.
Per the regulation, if you perform specialty services, you must obtain all required specialty designations that includes but is not limited to the following specialties:
• Billboard/sign contracting
• Commercial improvement contracting
• Concrete contracting
• Farm improvement contracting
• Industrialized building contracting
• Landscape service contracting
• Marine facility contracting
• Masonry contracting
• Painting and wallcovering contracting
• Recreational facility contracting
• Roofing contracting
• Swimming pool contracting
– IBC codebook cost can be deducted from the tuition, if you already have that.
– Seats are limited, register early to secure your place.
– PSI Exam: Number of Questions: 80 Minimum Passing Score: 70% (56 correct answers) Time Allowed: 180 minutes
Thank you for the registration. We look forward to seeing you in class!
We need to verify your payment/registration receipt before you can rejoin classes.
Three (3) months for VA/MD Contractors license:
- We will not charge you any extra fees if you’re within the guaranteed period
- Access to the Practice Exams
- Retake the course if you fail the exam within the guaranteed period
You will need to repay partial amount to join classes again after the guaranteed has expired. We can give you a 25% discount from the original price.
We apologize, but there will not NO discounts after 12 months from the initial registration.
Necesitamos verificar su registro y su pago antes de volver a las clases.
Tres (3) meses para la licencia de VA/MD Contratista de su registro original
- No le cobraremos ningún costo adicional
- Acceso a los exámenes prácticos
- Retomar las clases si de algún caso falla el examen
Es posible que necesite que volver a pagar una parte del precio. Le quitaremos el 25% del precio original.
Pedimos disculpas, pero no habrá descuentos después de 12 meses de su primer registro.